Saturday, August 22, 2015

Red Potion / Black Potion Gum

Red Potion / Black Potion Gum
(Japan Crate: June 2015)




Melissa Says: 

When you start chewing, it's a pretty good shock of sour. But then it mellows out pretty quick. Not a bad taste after it loses some of the sour.

The color change was not as evident as it could have been, and it lost taste really fast.

The aftertaste is killer, too - not the best of tastes to stay in your mouth.

Definitely wouldn't go out of my way to get more.




Kimberly Says:

The first few bites are really dusty tasting. Only after chewing for a moment do you get hit with the flavor, which is mostly sour. I can't tell if it's supposed to be a specific flavor, I just taste...sour.

Not for long, though. After a relatively short time the sour shifts to some sort of fruitish flavor before fading away completely.
[Addendum: The flavor goes away, but MAN the aftertaste will stick with you for a long time. Almost half an hour since I got rid of the gum, and I can still 'taste' it on the back of my tongue.]

I do like the texture, though, once you're past the first 'dryness' of it. Soft and pliant. After you chew it for a while it turns sort of rubbery, but still in a soft way. I felt like my teeth bounced off of it.

And then, suddenly, after only a few minutes of chewing, I couldn't wait to get it out of my mouth - the flavor changed or the texture or something.

The first time I tried this, my tongue was faintly darker, but not black. And the second time, with a larger chunk of gum, I noticed no change at all. (My sister's tongue turned a darker red, so maybe the red worked better than the black?)

Don't want more, probably won't finish what we've got.

Maybe I can find someone else to try it and see if their tongue gets colored. *grins*

No comments:

Post a Comment