Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Tohato Caramel Corn

Tohato Caramel Corn
(Japan Crate: October 2015)

[Japan Crate description: A caramel corn snack that's just in time for Halloween! The texture is more like Cheetos than popcorn, with a subtle, salty caramel flavor. Just like Umaibo sticks, you can find this snack in an array of yummy flavors.]


Melissa Says:

This was…unique. The taste of these little Cheeto-styled caramel corn bites was actually fairly good. It’s a subtle caramel flavor paired with a slight salty taste and something more I can’t quite identify. Actually rather good! 
The downside to this snack is that it looks outright vile when you pull it out. It’s like little, short, fat Cheetos that appear to be like insects. It’s rather odd. But really, they’re quite nice. In fact, I’m snacking on them while I write this. If we found them again, I’d consider getting them.

[Edit] I remember! The caramel thingies remind me of corn puffs!

Kimberly Says:

After the absolutely awful long puff sticks in the last review, I was wary of trying another puffed snack.

However, these ended up being surprisingly good. Maybe it was just in comparison, and it was a little weird to have what looked like small cheese puffs (or, what I first pictured, maggots. >.> ) that tasted sweet, but overall I actually enjoyed these.

The bag was cute, too. x3

No comments:

Post a Comment