Monday, October 3, 2016

Gyutan Umaibo Stick

Gyutan Umaibo Stick
(Japan Crate: October 2015)

[Japan Crate description: These airy corn sticks come in a huge variety of flavors. This one is Gyutan - a grilled cow tongue dish in Japan. Don't let the flavor discourage you, this salty snack is a tasty flavor experience.]


Kimberly Says:

It's not often anymore I try something that I outright dislike to the point of wanting to spit it out.
This was one of those.
I can't even really tell you much about what it actually TASTED like, because my brain immediately decided to forget everything about it except that it was absolutely disgusting.
We each had one bite, then threw away the rest of it, and will be finding somewhere to get rid of the rest.

Melissa Says:

We had three of this little stick things, which are flavored like grilled cow tongue. That would’ve been alright, except this is one of the few things I’ve eaten out of these crates that I downright did not like. It’s not the flavor, per se. I mean, it wasn’t a great flavor. But actually, it’s overwhelmingly salty with a really weird texture. The flavor was just the cherry on top. Er, cow tongue? 

Anyways, we ate half a stick and decided enough was enough. I’ll not be having any more of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment