Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Chameleon Candy

Chameleon Candy
(Japan Crate: July 2015)

[Japan crate description: Hard candies that change colors like a real chameleon. Choose a red one and the chameleon grants you good luck.]


Kimberly Says:

Well these look...rather like the Moose Poop they sell in Yellowstone.

However, they're not chocolate covered chewing candies, they're a hard candy that reveals a color once you suck off the (somewhat unappetizing) outer covering.

I believe the flavor might change depending on which color you get underneath - once I got into the yellow color under the blandly sweet brown covering, it started to taste rather lemony. (Or maybe that was just the remnants of the sour lemon gum we had earlier?)

It was...good. Not thrilling, but good.

I'm not a huge fan of hard candies personally, so I found it somewhat meh.

Melissa Says:

It looks like chocolate balls, except they feel hard and firm. The brown outer shell doesn't really taste of anything, but when you suck off the outside, the inside is one of three colors, and might be flavored: red, yellow, or green. The yellow seemed to taste like lemon, but after the lemon gum, I wasn't entirely sure. 

Apparently, the chameleon likes the red ones and will give you luck if you get them, but neither of us got a red one, so I guess we won't know right now. Pretty good after you got past the outside (not entirely sure if it was just sugar flavored or if I couldn't taste things from my sweet receptors thanks to the gray gum). Lasts a pretty long time, too. 

I'd probably have more, especially if the red one's not flavored cherry! The package was pretty cute, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment