Friday, November 20, 2015

Kajiri Chew

Kajiri Chew
(Japan Crate: July 2015)

[Japan crate description: A refreshing, chewy cola taffy filled with a layer of citrus soda flavored taffy.]


Melissa Says:

After the last two items, we were understandably cautious, but this was pretty good. It looks a bit like a Cow Tail, actually, with a light-brown outside and off-white inside. And eating it, it's like eating a few days old fondant or crème - soft, but with a bit of an outside shell that makes it more interesting. 

The flavors, though, combined to be pretty good. It was the fake cola taste, mixed with cherry-citrus background taste. 

I'm enjoying thinking about having some more. However, I'd probably go for a different flavor combination if I was going to eat it again.

Kimberly Says:

This one looks kind of like a vanilla flavored CowTail. It smells a lot like the ramune flavored gum we had a while back (and that I still keep in my purse for emergencies). Tastes a lot like it, too, actually, albeit with a sort of lemony sourness to it.

Or wait, maybe it's kind of like that gummy hand we had a while back, which was also cola flavored.

Texture wise it kind of reminds me of many of the gums we've been eating, except that it just...disappears after a while.

If it had a different flavor, though, I think it would be a lot better. The texture was startling at first, because it was a lot 'drier' than most taffy I've had, but the flavor was just kind of...meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment