Monday, January 11, 2016

Crackling Cotton

Crackling Cotton
(Japan Crate: August 2015)

[Japan crate description: Fluffy grape cotton candy with an explosive pop rocks kick. A truly unique candy.]



Melissa Says:

Feels like cotton candy. Looks like cotton candy. Tastes like cotton candy on steroids. It smells like grape, and it tastes intensely like grape. You put this on your tongue, and it immediately starts crackling and tastes like concentrated grape flavoring. Not just that, but this is sour grape flavoring. It's grape death. 

This is no ordinary cotton candy. It was very intense, very flavorful. Would probably eat more if it were not grape flavored…or sour. Or both, preferably. It was quite an experience! Not bad, though, all considered.

Kimberly Says:

Grape. Why did it have to be grape? EVERYTHING is grape lately - it's proving to be the only downside to getting these boxes, the tendency of so many things to be flavored GRAPE.

I'm not fond of grape flavoring, if you didn't notice. xD

All right.

So opening this package you are greeted with an intense grape scent and...a...block of cotton candy. A brick. I've never seen such solid cotton candy before.

I broke off a piece and put it in my mouth...and instantly was suffering from the MOST INTENSE SOUR GRAPE TASTE EVER. I didn't even notice the Pop Rocks style candy inside it because I was chewing it and trying to get that OUT of my mouth as fast as possible.

However, I wouldn't say that it's bad. If it wasn't sour grape, or was any flavor but grape and sour, then I think I could almost like it. The intense sour and even more intense grape flavor, though, was too much for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment