Monday, January 18, 2016

Crayon Shin-Chan Candy

Crayon Shin-Chan Candy
(Japan Crate: August 2015)

[Japan crate description: Crayon colored, ramune flavored hard candies. Shin-Chan has his own anime & manga!]



Kimberly Says:

All right, the box is adorable, I loved it, and I played with it for far too long.

Unfortunately, the candy itself was a mixture of gross and utterly underwhelming.

When I first started sucking on it I taste...not much of anything. It had no flavor. As I continued, it still didn't really have flavor, but it somehow started tasting...gross. The texture was odd, and I did NOT want to continue...but I am stubborn, so I did.

Fortunately it didn't get worse. It got...neutral. Once you get past the coating, you basically just have a round Smartie - kind of powdery and sour.

Not going to be finishing this one, for sure.

Melissa Says:

The outer coating either has no taste or a nasty taste, and I can't decide which it is. When you reach the center, the flavor comes out (in my case, orange), and starts to become powder. It was the weirdest sensation. 

I probably wouldn't choose to eat this again, mainly due to the coating, but also the powdery end.

No comments:

Post a Comment