Friday, January 8, 2016

Shuwa Shuwa Soda Candy

Shuwa Shuwa Soda Candy
(Japan Crate: August 2015)

[Japan crate description: Shuwa Shuwa is the sound of fizz in a soda. Wait for the center to find out how this candy got its name.]


Kimberly Says:

I was pleasantly surprised to find the candies individually wrapped - that'll make it easy to share with people at work. xD

Looks like there's three flavor, grape strawberry and orange. I had the orange, which is very intensely orange flavored.

My sister kept talking about the fizz she kept tasting, but I never really tasted it.

It was very tasty, though, and I will be eating more of them. Most likely the orange ones, because orange is my favorite. x3

Melissa Says:

These came in nice, separately packaged packets, which clearly named the flavors. They look a bit like stickless Dum-Dum suckers. And for a little bit, they taste like Dum-Dums. 

Then you get down far enough to realize why it's soda candy, and not just strawberry candy. The crackling starts out small, but by the end your mouth is itching, your cheeks are itching, your eyes are burning a little bit…but it tastes exactly like soda. You usually don't have to hold it in your mouth that long, though. 

It's pretty flavorful, if a bit overpoweringly…bubbly. I'll probably have another later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment