Thursday, September 3, 2015

Japanese BBQ Scones

Japanese BBQ Scones
(Japan Crate: August 2015)

[Japan Crate description: Like Cheetos, but better. We think the Japanese BBQ flavor is better than the American. What do you think?]


Melissa Says:

Though tried with a bit of trepidation, it’s actually not too bad. 

The texture is unique, but the barbeque is sweet. Ended up being quite different than expected. 

Definitely worth having more of, but probably would only get if it was on sale or something…if it was found in the US, that is.

Kimberly Says:

All right, so I admit to having eyed this one with concern ever since I saw it in the box. BBQ cheetos, basically? Eeeeeh.

So when I opened it, I sniffed at it warily and...and smells weird.
Let the wariness increase!

However, when I finally got up the nerve to taste one, it tasted...sweet. Actually, it reminds me of the sweet BBQ pringles chips.

It's really, really strange, though. It has the texture of cheetos, but doesn't taste like cheese. It's...strange. Good...in a strange, strange way.

I don't think I'd choose it again, though. And the aftertaste is not nearly as good as the first taste. It kind of just...sticks with you.
(In fact, we shared these and the soda with other family members, and our mom said "BBQ things aftertaste--not so hot", with which I agree. xD )

No comments:

Post a Comment