Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Maken Gummy

Maken Gummy
(Japan Crate: July 2015)

[Japan crate description: Hand gummies shaped after rock, paper, scissors. You'll try a cola or grape hand in 1 of 3 poses.]


Melissa Says:

Rock, paper, scissors…and really weird. 

It feels cold to the touch, it smells like VapoRub, and it tastes like really firm gummy bears. 

It actually tastes pretty good. I dislike gummies, but that was pretty yummy. After you get past the smell and the cold. 

Definitely not a bad thing. Would eat again.

Kimberly Says:

Okay, so, I'm not actually a big fan of gummies. Fruit snacks, gummy worms, gummy bears, I don't...really like them much, which is funny since in almost EVERYTHING else I like a chewy texture.

We ended up with the cola flavor, in the 'scissors' hand shape. (There was also a small star shaped gummy that got eaten before I got the picture taken. xD )

First impression, opening the package, is that it smelled very strongly. It smells like a mixture of soda (almost more root beer than cola, though) and Vick's Vaporub, which did not lessen our trepidation.

Of course, any time you get a long stretchy thing, what do you have to do first?

Play with it. A lot.

It was fun. xD

Eventually we got around to the eating, and it was strangely cold. My room is in the basement, it's fairly cool all the time, but not enough to warrant how oddly chilly the gummy was.

It's also a softer gummy, and sort of a strange texture. I keep feeling like it was fizzing on my tongue somehow.

It tastes really good, actually. Better than I was expecting. (I would not have enjoyed the grape near as much, I think.)

I would definitely eat this again, if we ever found it. (And play with it, too!)

[Update: 

So we always share everything with the rest of the family, if they want to try, and took everything we tasted tonight up to share with our brother. There was the hand of the gummy and part of the 'string' left and he ended up popping the whole thing into his mouth.

It's a good thing he ended up liking it, I guess! xD ]

No comments:

Post a Comment